3.17.2009

Its corned beef and cabbage day!!!!

Oh, I mean....Happy St Pattys Day!

I love corned beef and cabbage. What makes it even better is covering it in traditional mustard sauce. This recipe is from my husbands Mom (hope I don't get in trouble for posting it). Its just so good...I wanted to share the deliciousness.

Sauce for corned beef


2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
1 egg
½ cup vinegar
½ cup of liquid in which corn beef was boiled (cooled)

Mix mustard and sugar together in small saucepan. Break egg into this mixture and stir well together. Then add vinegar and corned beef liquid. Simmer for a few minutes stirring well (do not boil or egg might curdle). Serve with hot corned beef.

For thicker sauce add a bit of cornstarch to the mustard powder and sugar mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment