3.19.2009

Mediterranean salad with chickpea patties

This recipe is from Real Simple magazine (April 09 issue pg 178)

I thought this was pretty good...it can be pulled together quickly plus its vegetarian.



1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, rinsed (aka garbanzo beans)
1/2 c fresh flat leaf parsley
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp ground cumin
Kosher salt and black pepper
2 tbs flour
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 c low fat plain yogurt
Feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbs fresh lemon juice
mixed greens
grape tomatoes
red onion
Pita chips

*The feta was my addition - I love cheese.


In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas, parsley, garlic, cumin and 1/4 tsp each of S & P just until coarsely chopped and mixture comes together when gently squeezed. Form into 1/2 in thick patties (recipe says it makes 8, I only got 4). Coat patties with flower, tap off excess.


Heat oil in non stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook the patties, turning carefully until golden brown, 2-3 min per side.


In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice and S & P. Divide greens, tomatoes, onion and chickpea patties among plates. Drizzle with yogurt sauce. Top with feta crumbles.

{Review}
This was good although I dont think it would be husband approved. Its one of those things I would make for myself when the hubbs is out of town.
Very easy and fast!
Tip: Next time I might add a little panko bread crumbs to the mixture to firm up the patties. They were pretty soft and crumbly.


{Serve with}
Pita chips or Naan


{Time}
20 min

1 comment:

  1. This looks super tasty. I starred it in Google Reader. YUMMERS.

    ReplyDelete