5.10.2009

Birthday dinner course 1 : Beet and gorgonzola salad with orange vinaigrette

As mentioned the other day I was planning a fancy dinner for Hamish's birthday. Im going to post each course separately for your viewing pleasure.

This recipe is based off one found in the Williams Sonoma "Healthful Cooking" Cookbook (pg 76). I changed it a bit due to not having some of the ingredients on hand (dill, green onions, garlic). I think it turned out great despite missing a few items.

For salad:
Spring mix salad greens
2 cooked beets (I buy the Trader Joes brand)
Cucumber
Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
Orange segments (1 orange)

Vinaigrette:
3 tbs orange juice
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp orange zest
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper

Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl and whisk well. Set aside

In a large salad bowl combine ingredients for salad and toss with vinaigrette.

{Review}
Great tasting and easy dressing recipe. One I will keep on hand for sure. I love making a fresh dressing. It makes such a difference and is better for you!
Husband approved ( I think hes actually starting to like beets..yay!)

{Serve with}
Anything!

{Time}
10 min or less

No comments:

Post a Comment