8.10.2009

STK cooking tip: Baking bacon

We LOVE bacon in our house. Maybe a little to much. We buy it in bulk from Costco...if we ever run out its like a serious travesty.

I love eating it but cooking it is a whole other story. Standing over the stove while grease splatters on me and everything else really drives me nuts. Plus, I super extra hate the cleanup. The greasy pan and stove top. Ugh.

For the past few months I have been baking my bacon and let me tell you...its so much better! There is no splatter to worry about, clean up is 100% easier and it frees you up to do other things while its cooking in the oven. No need to hover over the stove anymore! Also, I think it gets crispier and shrinks less this way.

Here is what I do....line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cookie cooling rack on top. Lay out the bacon on the rack and pop in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20 min (or until crispy). That's it!

Here is the before:


And after: Perfectly crisp bacon without the hassle and very little clean up.



To clean up I wait for the pan to cool and grease to harden a bit then roll up the foil with grease inside and toss in trash. Wash pan and cookie rack. Pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment