6.10.2009

Cookbook review: Robin to the Rescue by Robin Miller

While at the Sunset Celebration Weekend I had the opportunity to watch a cooking demo with Robin Miller. I have to admit, even though im a Food Network fanatic...I had never watched her show. During the demo I realized that I had been really missing out! I like Robin's personality and love her cooking philosophy. She is all about quick fix meals that are tasty which is pretty much my method of cooking too.

Since we have a little one on the way I have been thinking that I really need to organize myself in the kitchen by planning ahead, shopping in advance and making 1 meal that I can turn into 2 (or even 3). Also, I have a plan to make a months worth of dinners and freeze them in advance so we don't have to cook once the baby comes (I know I might be crazy for doing that but its worth a shot)

I purchased Robin to the Rescue (autographed of course) and have not put it down since. A few things that drew me to the book are that the recipes are quick and easy (which is key for weeknight meals) and for each recipe she tells you how to "morph it" into another meal, "bank a batch" by making extra and freezing it for up to 3 months to eat later or "make it your own" by adding a few more choice ingredients.

So far I have gone through the book and listed out 2 weeks worth of meals. I paired up the meals so I can "morph" one meal into several. Last night I made a great chicken dish and by making a few extra chicken breasts I will be able to stretch it into 2 more tasty dinners. Awesome! Cook once....eat 3 times!!

I highly recommend getting this book! She has a new one called Robin Rescues Dinner which is coming out in the next few weeks. I cant wait to get my hands on it.

Over the next few weeks im going to share many of Robins recipes with you. I hope you like them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment