4.13.2009

Heavenly hots

My friend told me how yummy these hotcakes are and she was right! They do not disappoint.

{recipe from Marion Cunningham's "Breakfast Book" }


1/4 cup cake flour -- Do not substitute!
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 large eggs -- beaten
1 16 oz. sour cream
**See note in review

Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar until well blended. In another bowl, mix together the eggs and sour cream until well blended. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are mixed in. Allow the mixture to sit for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up a large frying pan. Once it's hot add a little oil and lightly coat the bottom of the skillet. Using a TABLESPOON(or ice cream scoop), drop the batter onto hot skillet. Cook on one side until the bubbles on the top start to pop and the edges begin to look dry. Careful that you don't burn them. They puff up when you flip them.

{Review}
I was concerned with the # of eggs vs. amount of flour. I ended up adding an extra 1/4 cup flour and im glad I did. I think they would have been to eggy otherwise. I also added a dash of vanilla.
I used an ice cream scoop to drop batter into pan. This made for perfectly sized and shaped hotcakes.
Husband approved

{Serve with}
Syrup

{Time}
30 min or less

No comments:

Post a Comment